Friday 22 March 2019

No Name

I wrote this before the New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, announced that she would never speak the name of the man responsible for the Christchurch terrorist attack. As you can see, I fully agree.





No Name

I don't want to see your face
I don't need to know your name
no martyrdom for your vile acts
we must not amplify your fame

You should just quietly rot in jail
as the days and weeks pass by
and we can mourn and honour those
whose souls have flown to the Southern sky

We will need to record your crimes
and carry out the rule of law
but we should do this while calling
you Prisoner 33694

Shut down your social media
Delete your spewing words of hate
I don't need to know your name
Let anonymity be your fate

Tim Fellows 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...