Friday 19 April 2019

Tree, seen from the hospital window




Tree, seen from the hospital window

From the window of your room I see
on horizon's edge, a single tree
It will remain when you are free
of earthly roots.

Others have stood in this place before,
have seen that tree, want nothing more
than to shatter nature's primal law
that life must end.

Is that far tree as lonely as I feel?
If not forever then could I steal
a few more days, a vain appeal
for precious time.

The time has come, now I must go
you briefly wake, and I surely know
that though the tree does thrive and grow
it too will die.


Tim Fellows Easter 2019


Image by M. Roth from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...