Wednesday 10 October 2018

Empty Reservoir

This was created after driving over the Woodhead Pass in early September after a very hot and dry summer and seeing this:



This is usually full, many meters deep. I empathised with that reservoir.

Empty Reservoir

Day by day I am drained -
relentlessly, remorselessly exposed.
Layer by layer I am revealed
and you observe the hidden depths,
the cracks, the debris;
the secrets I have concealed.
In time nothing will remain
but a hollow, dry, lifeless valley.
In the days to come I see no hope,
nothing that will fill the void,
nothing to replenish.
What makes people slow down,
stop to watch as I am diminished,
to observe the traces,
the last gasping rivulets
that once were floods?

Tim Fellows 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...