Thursday 8 March 2018

Stop Apologising

I've written a rant poem - I'm fed up of people (nearly always men) apologising for their crappy behaviour after they've been caught out. 

Heads of multinationals, movie producers, actors, politicians - this is for you.

Stop apologising
for your selfishness and hate
Stop apologising
It's too little and too late


Do you expect forgiveness,
to simply carry on?
You abused your power
and now you cower
but I see your little con

My newsfeed shows your image
looking oh so sad
well, think about your victims
who are really feeling bad

I don't want to hear "sorry"
We need change, we need it quick
So stop apologising
then stop being such a dick

Tim Fellows 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...