Friday 5 January 2018

Psychopath

Psychopath

I wait for her, silent and still;
Ready; the excitement held within
knowing she will be along soon.

I need to be close; close enough to smell her scent;
close enough, if I wished,
to slash and kill with a single swipe 

But that would be a waste, to end it that quickly.
I want to take my time, to savour the
fear in her trembling body

I may let her think she can escape
only to be waiting again to continue my fun
oh such fun

My mouth on her throat, choking
until she almost slips away
then letting go, then choking again...

She will come out once again
fetching food for her family
but I know where she lives

I catch the movement in the corner of my eye
It's her! She is watchful but
she stands no chance

When it's over I might remove her head or
eat her sweet flesh

For I am the psychopath
The silent, heartless killer
of the mouse for
I am Felix.

(c) Tim Fellows 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...