Thursday 16 September 2021

Gentleman

A found poem - that I tweaked and extended - in the comments section of YouTube below the video we made of Ian Parks' poems. The contributor is anonymous, as I don't think "Hugh Mungus" is their real name. 😀  



Gentleman

for Ian Parks

I often used to see him, walking
on Castle Hills. Always well dressed,
looked like he didn't belong here.

I even saw him down dog shit alley,
he didn't have any airs or graces

but seemed like he had another world
that developed and swirled in his head

and though

I am from the lowest class in this broken town
I love listening to his words.

I once said eyup to him, walking
with my soft but stocky looking Staffy.
 
He smiled and said hello back.
Absolute gentleman of a man.

Tim Fellows 2021 

with help from Hugh Mungus

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...