Friday 4 August 2017

The Little Tear



Theresa shed a little tear
When she realized she'd not won
We played the world's tiniest violin
and peeled a minuscule onion

I shed more than a tiny tear
for the homeless and the poor
for my European brothers
who'll soon be shown the door

For the doctors, nurses, NHS
I cried 'til no tears came
But Murdoch will be laughing
as the foreigners take the blame

As HS2 tears through our land
As we let the market rip
I'm now so dehydrated
I should be on a drip

So when you play at politics
And it doesn't quite come off
Remember the people recognise
whose snout is in the trough

(c) Tim Fellows 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...