Monday 8 May 2017

Cumulonimbus


Cumulonimbus

The black cloud is coming
I feel it faintly at first like
the drops of rain before a storm
the harbinger
of possibilities
that no-one wants

Then it fades and I breathe
it's not coming today
but soon it's back
I can feel the icy fingers
dragging at my soul

I want to fight
I know I must
for the sake of others as much as me
But part of me welcomes it
Bringing its self loathing
Its doubts and fears
and smothering me with them

Inside the cloud you
see only yourself
the rest is noise
You can only wait
and function, or not,
until it decides to go

Drifting away and
revealing the light
the joy of life can slowly return
as melancholy is banished
until the next time
the unwanted guest
creeps slowly into your mind

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

(c) Tim Fellows 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Colours of Her Skirt

Based on a memory, which may be unreliable, from some time in the 1960s.  With thanks to Sarah Wimbush and Ian Parks for editing and for the...